After a 12-year absence, TriMet buses will begin crossing the new Sellwood Bridge starting Monday, December 5. This brings a new route for Bus Line 99-Macadam/McLoughlin.
The Line 99, which currently runs from Clackamas Community College (CCC) to Portland City Center via the Ross Island Bridge, will be moved to the Sellwood Bridge. The weekday, rush-hour service will now connect CCC, Milwaukie, Sellwood, John’s Landing and Downtown Portland.
PORTLAND, Ore. - Construction on the Sellwood Bridge is nearing an end after five years of commuting headaches for drivers and cyclists.
The state's busiest bridge sees more than 30,000 cars a day, but even during off-peak hours, headlights and bumper-to-bumper traffic are all you can see for the next three miles of the bridge.Read More
- TriMet service returns after 12 years! TriMet bus service returns to the Sellwood Bridge after a 12-year absence on Dec. 5, when Line 99 resumes weekday rush hour service across the bridge. The service will connect the east side with destinations from Lake Oswego to downtown Portland. Bus service ended in 2004 due to reduced weight limits on the old bridge. Read all the news on TriMet’s website.
- Springwater Trail: The trail is closed between SE Spokane St. and SE Umatilla St. for repairs and paving. Trail users are being detoured to 6th Ave. It is expected to reopen by Nov. 23, weather permitting.
- Hwy. 43 Lane Closures: The center lanes will be closed near the bridge during offpeak hours on Nov. 18 while crews adjust the height of manhole covers.
- Spokane St.: There will be no on-street parking on Spokane west of Oaks Park Way from 6 am on Nov. 18 until Nov. 19, during paving.
- North sidewalk closure: A section of the north bridge sidewalk is closed until Nov. 23 (estimate) while the contractor uses the sidewalk to work on the outside of the bridge structure below. Sidewalk users are using ramps to access a protected path that will be separated by a buffer zone from the westbound traffic lane.
- Changes for 6th/Tacoma Signal: Several changes are being made to improve traffic flow through the new traffic signal. North and south-bound movements on SE 6th Ave. currently have separate signal phases. The two phases will be combined to provide more time for the primary east-west flow on Tacoma St. More striping, a bike box, and signage changes will also be added to improve traffic flow.
The Sellwood Bridge construction project will impact traffic in several locations November 17-23:
- Highway 43: There will be closures of the north and southbound center lanes near the bridge Nov. 17-18 during offpeak hours to adjust the height of manhole covers.
- North bridge sidewalk closed: A section of the north sidewalk of the Sellwood Bridge will be closed from this morning until Nov. 23 (estimated completion) while the contractor uses the sidewalk to do work on the outside of the bridge structure below. Sidewalk users will use ramps to access a protected path that will be separated by a buffer zone from the westbound traffic lane.
- SE Tacoma and SE 6th Ave.: On Nov. 18 after 9 am, the traffic signal will be turned off and the intersection will be flagged for up to 6 hours while crews install a bicycle box pavement marking and additional striping on 6th Ave.
- SE Spokane St.: There will be no on-street parking west of SE Oaks Park Way on Nov. 18 after 6 am during paving of the north side of Spokane St. On-street parking will reopen on Nov. 19.