As we head into the rainy season, please note that much of our remaining work is weather-dependent. Last-minute schedule changes may be required. Here’s the current schedule:
- Bridge Work Saturday Night: Only one traffic lane will be open at the east end of the bridge Saturday night, Oct. 8, while concrete barriers are moved before striping is placed. Flaggers will direct traffic in both directions, but expect delays.
- Striping Work: Weather permitting, permanent lane striping is scheduled on the bridge and Hwy. 43 Sunday afternoon, Oct. 9 and Tuesday night, Oct. 11.
- Hwy. 43 Southbound Lane Closure: The outside southbound lane of Hwy. 43 will be closed north of the bridge during offpeak hours on Friday, Oct. 7 and Monday, Oct. 10 while the contractor removes vegetation from the slope on the west side of the highway.
- 6th & Tacoma signal: A westbound left turn phase will be added to the signal next week. The work will shut down the eastbound left turn for several hours, so drivers will need to turn left at a street to the east temporarily.
- Spokane St.: On Monday night and Tuesday, Oct. 10-11, one lane of Spokane St. will be closed during construction of a manhole for a stormwater line. Flaggers will direct traffic during the lane closure.
Sellwood Bridge closure Sunday: The bridge will be closed to motor vehicles only from 9 am to 6 pm on Sunday, October 2 during the Sunday Parkways event. The bridge will be open to bicyclists and pedestrians, including thousands expected to ride the Parkway course through Sellwood and Milwaukie. Stop by our booth at the bridge for a free souvenir Sellwood Bridge button and pin. The alternate river crossings during the closure are the Ross Island and Abernethy (I-205) bridges.Read More
Construction work is planned on Highway 43 just south of the Sellwood Bridge on Wednesday and Thursday nights, September 28 - 29 from 7 pm until as late as 6 am. The work will require lane closures, so travelers should expect delays.
- September 28: The contractor will grind and pave traffic lanes at the south end of the project. Neighbors may notice work lights and hear this night work.
- September 29: The contractor will close traffic lanes during installation of a large traffic sign over Highway 43.
To report excessive construction noise, call 503-988-4884.
Photos courtesy of the Oregon Department of Transportation.Read More