Project News - Bridge is OPEN
The space below features news articles, press releases, meeting notices, and other material about the project. Feel free to contact us if you see something we should include.
Construction Notice - August 27, 2015
The Sellwood Bridge contractor has revised the paving schedule for this weekend, due to a forecast for rain. Paving is planned for the multi-use path north of the bridge (off the highway) and on new through lanes of Hwy. 43 south of the bridge.
Here is the revised schedule:
- Friday, Aug. 28: Pave the multi-use path between the bridge and Macadam Bay driveway. Asphalt trucks will entering and exit the work zone during daytime hours.
- Saturday-Sunday, Aug. 29-30: No paving.
- Monday-Tuesday, Aug. 31-Sept. 1 (weather permitting): Pave new Hwy. 43 through lanes south of bridge during daytime hours. Northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane south of the bridge.
Field Work Notice - August 27, 2015
Retaining walls and onramp in trolley-trail corridor
- A northbound lane is closed north of the bridge between 9 am and 3 pm on weekdays.
- A southbound lane is closed at times on weekdays north and south of the bridge from 7 am to 4 pm.
- Road and trail paving are planned August 28 – 30 (weather permitting) south and north of the bridge. From Friday morning until Sunday evening, northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane south of the bridge. Rain is forecast for the weekend. An update will be sent out if the weekend work is postponed.
- The bicycle/pedestrian path between the bridge and the Macadam Bay driveway will be re-routed on Monday, August 31 down to the newly paved path along the trolley line. The detour, which includes switchbacks, will be in place several weeks while a retaining wall along the east side of Hwy. 43 is demolished. Flaggers will direct traffic at the Macadam Bay driveway and at the south end where trail users travel near road and construction traffic.
- Double lane closures are scheduled north of the bridge from 7 pm – 6 am Monday to Wednesday, August 31 – September 2 during final installation of wire rock fall netting on the hillside north of the retaining walls.
Field Work Notice - August 21, 2015
Hwy 43 through lanes to be paved south of bridge
- A northbound lane will be closed north of the bridge between 9 am and 3 pm on weekdays at times for the next week
- A southbound lane will be closed at times on weekdays north and south of the bridge from 7 am to 4 pm
- A major road paving project is planned August 28 – 30 south of the bridge. From Friday morning until Sunday evening, northbound traffic will be reduced to one lane south of the bridge.
August 19, 2015
Drivers should expect delays crossing the Sellwood Bridge on Thursday, August 20 from 9:30 am to 2 pm, due to construction activity at the east end of the bridge. Flaggers will direct traffic in one open lane during the work. Travelers can avoid delays by using alternate routes such as the Ross Island Bridge.