The Sellwood Bridge will be closed to motor vehicles from 9 am to 6 pm on Sunday, October 2 during the free Sunday Parkways event for Sellwood and Milwaukie. The bridge will remain open for bicyclists and pedestrians, including thousands who will take part in the first Sunday Parkways route that includes the new Sellwood Bridge.
The Sunday Parkways route through Sellwood and Milwaukie will be open from 11 am to 4 pm. Additional hours are needed for the bridge closure to set up traffic control for the event.Read More
PORTLAND, Ore. – A herd of hungry goats is munching through on the blackberry bushes along the Willamette River under the east side of the Sellwood Bridge.
The goats are devouring the invasive blackberry plants and other underbrush for a riverside trail that starts at the south end near the Portland Rowing Club and will end up at the new Sellwood Harbor condominiums, Multnomah County official said.Read More
- Sellwood Bridge closure Sunday: The bridge will be closed to motor vehicles only from 5 am on Sunday, Sept. 25 until no later than 6 am on Monday, Sept. 26 to allow the contractor to seal the deck of the west end of the bridge. The bridge will remain open to bicyclists and pedestrians. If the work cannot be completed Sunday, the bridge may be closed Monday night after 7 pm. An update will be sent out if a Monday night closure is needed.
- Hwy 43 Night Work Sept. 26-27: Night work is planned on Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 26-27 to grind and repave Hwy. 43 traffic lanes south of the bridge. Drivers should expect delays after 7 pm.
- Lane striping on Hwy. 43 Sept. 29-30: One lane will be closed in each direction during off-peak hours on Hwy. 43 to replace lane striping at the north and south ends of the project. Expect delays.
- SE Tacoma/SE 6th Ave. traffic signal: Please note that northbound traffic on SE 6th Ave. can only turn right at the new signal at SE Tacoma St. Police traffic enforcement has been requested because many northbound drivers are making illegal left turns.
The Sellwood Bridge will be closed to motor vehicles from 5 am on Sunday, September 25 until no later than 6 am on Monday, September 26 to allow a contractor to apply sealant to the deck of the bridge. The work is weather dependent and will be rescheduled in the event of rain. If the work cannot be completed on Sunday, it is possible the bridge will be closed Monday after 7 pm to complete the work at the west end of the bridge. The bridge sidewalk will remain open to bicyclists and pedestrians.
Highway 43 will remain open to two-way traffic at all times. The posted westbound detour routes during the closure are:
- Northbound: Hwy. 99E (McLoughlin Blvd.) to Ross Island Bridge to Hwy. 43
- Southbound: Hwy. 99E to Interstate 205 (Abernethy Bridge at Oregon City) to Hwy. 43
Eastbound routes are the reverse.
To access the Oktoberfest Celebration at Oaks Park from the west side on Sunday, drivers should use the Ross Island Bridge. The celebration runs from September 23-25.
Multnomah County is the lead agency for the Sellwood Bridge project.
Contact: Mike Pullen, Communications Office, 503-209-4111, firstname.lastname@example.org