As construction work wraps up, the contractor is working on clean-up tasks throughout the project area. The field work notice will focus on major work items rather than these clean-up tasks. With the short work week next week, we do not expect to send out the next notice until after Jan. 2.
- Hwy. 43 Interchange: One of two lanes on the northbound ramp from the bridge to Hwy. 43 is closed Dec. 22 from 9 am until early afternoon while a manhole cover is adjusted.
One lane of Hwy. 43 will be closed under the west end of the Sellwood Bridge on Wednesday, Dec. 21 from 9 am until as late as 3 pm while a subcontractor removes equipment from the work zone. Flaggers will direct traffic on the open lane.
On Thursday, Dec. 22, one lane on the northbound onramp from the bridge to Hwy. 43 will be closed from 9 am until early afternoon while a manhole height is adjusted. One lane will remain open on the ramp.
As construction work wraps up, the contractor will be working on clean-up tasks throughout the project area. The field work notice will focus on major work items rather than these clean-up tasks.
WEST SIDE WORK
New Bridge and Interchange: A pedestrian hand railing will be installed along the sidewalk of the southeast interchange ramp next week.
Multiuse Path Bridge: A protective bar is being placed at the bottom of the fence on this bridge that will carry bicyclists and pedestrians from the regional trail under the main bridge to reach its south sidewalk.Read More
As construction work wraps up, the contractor is working on clean-up tasks throughout the project area. At times workers will be out on the bridge or around the roadway. Traffic cones and warning signs will be put up if work affects traffic. Field work notices will focus on major work rather than clean-up tasks.
- SW Terwilliger Closure: SW Terwilliger Blvd. is closed south of the Sellwood Bridge from Hwy. 43 in Lake Oswego to SW Castleridge for a sewer project. The closure will last up to eight months. Visit the project website for recommended detours.
- Speed, weight and vehicle length limits changing: The speed limit on the bridge has increased to 30 mph and the speed limit on Hwy. 43 near the bridge returned to 35 mph. The 30-foot vehicle length limit on the bridge has been eliminated. Signs for the new vehicle weight limit on the bridge will be posted in December.
- TriMet service returns: TriMet bus service has returned to the Sellwood Bridge after a 12-year absence. Line 99 provides weekday rush hour service across the bridge, connecting the east side with westside destinations from Lake Oswego to downtown Portland. Read the news on TriMet’s website.
- Changes for 6th/Tacoma Signal: The traffic signal phases for north and south-bound movements on SE 6th Ave. will be combined to improve east-west traffic flow on Tacoma St. The signal change should be made in the next month. Signs will be installed to prevent right turns on red for westbound traffic on Tacoma and northbound traffic on 6th.